How does the Assessment work?
The Assessment gathers information from your staff using an electronic collector. You will need to assign coordinator to work with the Institute. Your coordinator will create and distribute a series of emails to explain the purpose of the Assessment and encourage your staff to participate.
Phase 1 - Assessment Initiation
- Client schedules a start date
- Client assigns a coordinator
- The Institute works with the assigned coordinator to prepare a communications plan
- Coordinator distributes a series of communications to your staff explaining the purpose of the Readiness Assessment
Phase 2 - Data Collection
- Coordinator sends emails to customer's staff with the link for the electronic collector
- The Institute monitors response rates
- Coordinator sends periodic reminder emails while the collector is active
Phase 3 - Analysis & Report Preparation
- Electronic collector is closed
- The Institute analyzes the responses and scores the results
- The Institute prepares final report with recommended improvement activities
Phase 4 - Present Findings & Support
- The Institute will conduct a video briefing with the customer to review the results and recommendations
- The Institute will be available to answer any additional questions for 30 days
What Makes the Institute’s Readiness Framework so Unique?
Other Digital Readiness assessments focus on a specific aspect of the change, such as a technology or process implementation:
- Implementing Digital Practices, such as Agile, Lean, or DevOps
- Implementing Digital Technologies such as Public Cloud, Big Data, or Predictive Analysis
- Changing Operational Process or Organizational Structure
Our Assessment measures the Readiness of Your Organization to handle the stress of a transformation.
It’s Holistic: Companies typically design assessments to find tactical issues that they can then help you remediate. The Institute’s Framework looks at your organization holistically, assessing your strategic, cultural, structural and operational state to determine your readiness and provide you insights that will guide your change efforts.
It’s an Enterprise-View: Digital readiness is NOT about IT or even technology. In a real Digital Enterprise, the IT function is integrated into the core of the business and operating model. The Institute’s Framework looks at your organization from an enterprise-wide perspective to assess your organization’s true transformational readiness.
It’s Scalable: While the Institute’s Framework looks is meant to look at your organization from an enterprise perspective, it can also be used within a specific business unit or functional unit. It can be used effectively with a small team or for an entire multi-national organization and results can be normalized for effective analysis and comparison across the enterprise.
It’s Vendor Agnostic: The Institute’s Framework will identify improvement activities to improve your state of Readiness. These activities can be accomplished by yourself or any vendor. And even more important, our Framework integrates seamlessly with other technology, process frameworks, methodologies, or approaches that you are already using.
It’s Fast: By virtual of being Digital, you can have the results of the assessment in as little as 2 weeks.
It’s Benchmarked: Using the analytical data gathered, we also provide you with benchmark data that enables you to compare your Readiness with similar organizations based on size, industry and geography. (Planned release in 2019)