Is Digital Transformation a mystery to you?
Has everyone been telling you the one “right” way to transform your organization?
This book does not give you that answer. Because what is “right” for someone else, is probably not a fit for your organization.
Instead this book provides you with a roadmap of approaches from ten different Industry Experts, all linked by a common theme.
Why Should You Buy This Book?
Digital Transformations Fail!
Most industry analysts place the failure rate between 70% and 85%.
- 70% don’t reach their stated goals. – McKinsey
- 84% Of Companies Fail At Digital Transformation – Forbes
- The brutal fact is that about 70% of all change initiatives fail – Harvard Business Review
- 87% of businesses believe digital will disrupt their industry. However, just 44% are prepared for the disruption. – Deloitte
- 73% of employees affected by change experience medium to high levels of stress – Gartner
The question is WHY?
Organizations may have some similarities, but in reality, they are all different and unique in certain ways. Using the same transformation approach every time guarantees that you will have failures.
This Book is Unique!
Instead of providing you with the one “right” way to approach Digital Transformation, this book provides you with multiple distinctive techniques.
- There is no one “right” way to transform your organization. Each chapter provides a different, but proven approach to transformation.
- Each chapter can stand on its own. (Essentially a mini eBook.) Read them in the order that is most important to you.
- The 10 authors are Global Industry Experts who have all successfully led transformations.
- Instead of being a transformation tool, this book provides a tool kit, so you can select the approach that is “right” for your unique situation.
The ‘mystery’ of Digital Transformation is a red herring of thinking that one needed to find that one “right” course of action in order to be successful.
Dr. Frank Granito PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL Expert
Chief Scientist at the Institute for Digital Transformation
Dr. Frank Granito is Chief Scientist and Lead Fellow at the Institute for Digital Transformation. He has over 40 years of experience in the Information Technology field and has successfully implemented IT Service Management transformation solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Dr. Granito holds a Doctor of Management from the University of Maryland University College with a thesis on Organizational Culture.
As Lead Fellow, Frank selects current transformational topics and leads the monthly discussions with all of the Institute Fellows, parts of which are available on our YouTube Show “Digital Transformation Unplugged“. In his role as Chief Scientist, Dr. Granito created the analytical model that is the basis of the Digital Enterprise Readiness Framework. He designs, creates and produces the analysis of our Snapshot Research. He is also one of the hosts of the YouTube Show “Snapshot Research Brief“.
Techniques Covered In The Book
There are many many ways to approach Digital Transformation.
In this toolkit, ten of our Institute Fellows reveal their proven methods.
The Customer Experience
Digital Transformation: Customers are leading the way; businesses must follow, find new ways to lead, or fall by the wayside.
The Client/Partner Engagement
Customer Engagement is foundational to digital transformation because it creates trust and loyalty from your customers, and customers are the core purpose of any transformation.
Agile way of working is the engine in the digital enterprise. Let discover why some companies are more successful than others in keeping the organization relevant.
Dr. Frank Granito
Digital Transformation Readiness
Sports teams and military units don’t just take the field or march into battle. They make sure they are “ready.” A transformation effort should be no different.
The Neuroscience of Transformation
Transformation is what human brains are designed for. An organization is a network of human brains. Neuroscience can guide organization transformation in the digital era.
Reynaldo Lugtu Jr
The Culture of Transformation
Culture is both a barrier and an enabler of digital transformation. The effort in managing the two may be the same but the rewards of focusing on and investing in the latter will reap tremendous benefits for the organization.
Business Architecture as an Enabler of Transformation
Leverage Business Architecture as a blueprint for digital transformation to create understanding and activate change and develop practical steps organizations can take to support transformation.
The Digital Transformation Manifesto
The Digital Transformation Manifesto highlights the business principles and tenets that are essential elements of an organization’s successful digital transformation.
Value - The Guiding Star
Realizing value involves an ever evolving journey that must be owned and led by the executive team and actively involve all stakeholders along the way.
Jeffrey S. Ton
Leadership in an Era of Uncertainty
Studying leaders of the past can help prepare us to lead in the present and the future…the digital present and future.
What Readers Say About the Book
Behind the Scenes
In this short video, Charles Araujo interviews Dr. Frank Granito about his new book, Digital Transformation Demystified. After all the Institute has written about digital transformation, why another book? Frank reveals the origin of the title and what makes this book unique from all others.
Subscribe to the Journal and Get A Preview
We have a surprise for you, you are not going to get the typical Introduction Chapter of a new book.
Instead we are sending both the Introduction and the last chapter “Wrapping It All Up” which summarizes a multiverse of Digital Transformation techniques.
Note: This includes a FREE subscription to our weekly Journal of Digital Transformation.
Wrapping It All Up
By Dr. Frank Granito
After reading this book, I hope that you have come to realize that they key word in the phrase “Digital Transformation” is not digital. The technology is just a tool or an enabler that makes the transformation possible. Let me give you three examples, two of which you are already familiar with.
- Get a Ride – Or put another way, a method of getting from point A to point B by using someone else’s vehicle. Traditionally, you would just hail a taxicab from in front of a hotel or call for a pick-up. Uber took that premise and used technology to change two key elements; how you “hail” a cab and the vehicle used. Instead of looking for a taxi stand or call, you now use an app to get a ride. The app also lets you see who is on the way and where they are, providing significant improvement from just having to wait. The other key change is that Uber, Lift, etc. are not using commercial vehicles, instead they are using personal vehicles for commercial service, a major shift in the industry.
- A Place to Sleep – Everyone has stayed at a motel, hotel, etc. It is the normal when traveling, either for business or pleasure. Most people are used to booking a room online, but what Airbnb did was to use technology to bring together all of the individual rentals of personal property and put them in common booking system. They also added many of the things you are used to in a commercial rental, (i.e. guaranteed availability, arrival time, lodging standard, etc.) The key fact is that technology has enabled using personal property for commercial purposes.
- Shipping a Package
Get your Book today
We have two different options for you to buy the book.
- Directly from the publisher with a 20% discount until 1/31/2023
- Paid Institute Membership with a 25% discount and electronic copy of the book
Become a Member of the Institute
To celebrate the publication of the book, we are offering a 25% discount on Institute membership using couple code demystified. Your membership includes a FREE electronic copy of the book. In addition, this discount is permanent. You will continue to receive this discount as long as you renew your membership every year.
- Permanent 25% discount on annual membership
- Electronic copy of Digital Transformation Demystified included
- Access to all Institute eBooks, White Papers, Research, etc.
- Only the electronic version of the book is available