The rules that have governed how companies operate for the past 150 years are changing and no one is really certain of what comes next. Companies need to have leaders and organizations who are comfortable operating with uncertainty and can rapidly evolve to adapt to changing markets and directions. Snapshot Research provides innovative analysis capturing the current state of mind of digital professionals.
Each month we will conduct research into a different timely topic. A list of all previous research topics and their findings can be found here.
Digital Organizational Viability
This month we are trying to determine how to measure performance in the Digital Era, and we believe that this will best be reflected via a composite of both traditional and new performance measures. We need your help determining which are important.
What factors would you use to determine success? Do you use traditional methods like market share or profitability? Or non-traditional factors, like the ability to use data to interact with customers or having the agility to maneuver? Which, if any, is more important? Are they all important? We will take your responses and through statistical analysis, reduce all the success factors into a Digital Organizational Viability (DOV) Index.
Our initial Snapshot Research used questions associated with the dimensions of our Readiness Framework.
We then asked participants whether they were “ready” to succeed in Digital Transformation. Here is what we found:
- 44% of digital leaders think they will succeed with Digital Transformation
- Only 40% of companies are able to respond to unplanned market changes
- 43% of digital leaders understand what disruption is or where it will come from
- Only 40% of digital leaders state that their staff openly communicates and works collaboratively
- Nonetheless, 52% of digital leaders continue to spend most of their time developing new digital solutions despite not being completely ready to Transform